Monday, May 3, 2010

May Book Club- Recapitulation

This month we are reading Recapitulation by Wallace Stegner.  I've been looking for some online book discussion questions, but haven't had any luck yet.  Here are some things I have found:


Did you know this book was autobiographical?  Here is a biography of Stegner


Also, this book is a sequel, the first book is Big Rock Candy Mountain and takes place when the main character, Bruce, is a boy.

Do  you know the meaning of recapitulation
  • recapitulate - summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas"
  • recapitulate - repeat stages of evolutionary development during the embryonic phase of life
  • recapitulate - reprise: repeat an earlier theme of a composition 
  • a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion  
  • Final section in a piece of music written in sonata form or fugue form that repeats the themes presented in the exposition, and returns to the original key if modulation has occurred.
 If I can't find any already finished questions, I'll have to come up with my own.  If any of you find some, please let me know and I will post them!

No comments: